Lv28. The Origin of the World
Report to: Guard Officer Gus
Accepting the QuestEdit
- "Gaia's power can manifest in many different forms. You have seen this firsthand, in the Eidolons - each looks different, but each comes about through contact with a greater being. But the people of the world... Even though they have heard of the coming of the Envoys of Gaia, they cannot distinguish between Eidolons and monsters."
- You recall when you first became aware of <Eidolon>'s presence, and how the citizens of Skandia thought you were being possessed by a demon.
- "History tells us that most Envoys of Gaia used their powers to fight against the forces of darkness, but that some fell prey to it and brought suffering and pain into the world." The Grand Bishop pauses, silent for a moment.
- "There are those, like that young man from the port, who are unable to withstand the temptation that comes with the Eidolons. They lose themselves, in body or mind."
- "It is still unknown whether you will be able to bear the full magnitude of the Eidolons' power, but there is yet time for you to grow. If you require any aid that we may offer, speak with Gus, our Guard Officer, and tell him what you need."
Completing the QuestEdit
- "Looks like Rosie was right - you ARE young! But let me say, the way you were able to handle that business with the Magic Flower in Lunarin had us impressed."
- You feel a bit bashful as Gus looks you up and down, as though he can't quite believe you're who Rosie was talking about.
- "Sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you there. I'm Gus, the Guard Officer." He smiles and gives you a curt bow.
- "If you're ever in trouble, or you need to make a report to the Grand Bishop, just come see me in the audience chamber - no appointment needed. You fight many battles as an Envoy of Gaia - let's not add bureaucracy to your list of troubles."
- "I've heard that you're looking for a way for one to sever the link to an Eidolon. Is that true?"
- You purse your lips and give a resolute nod.
- "We know it's technically possible - there are a few very old books in the Church's library that record someone's success in returning Eidolons to a dormant state. Unfortunately, the account includes few hard details of the method they used. Perhaps, in your travels, you'll discover how it may be done."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.