Lv31. Montero the Mechanic
|Find Waterlight Mushroom 0/12|
Report to: Craftsman White Knuckle Montero
Conversation[edit | edit source]
Accepting the Quest[edit | edit source]
- After seeing your disappointed expression, Alain scratches his head, wordlessly apologetic for not being able to find you proper help.
- "Well, I suppose you can meet Montero. He's last year's champion. He may know a thing or two, considering he won last year." Alain's demeanor brightens from this idea.
- "Problem is, he's very, very busy with this year's competition. He wants to keep his title for another year. If you pester him now, you'll delay his work, and I will be stuck with all the complaints." Alain sighs, now troubled.
- This Robot Competition seems to be everything to the people of Brevis. Perhaps Alain is right in his assumption that interrupting the champion's final preparations would cause unnecessary strife in the village.
- "Oh, I just remembered something! Not long ago, Montero asked me where he could find large quantities of Waterlight Mushrooms. He claimed to be testing out a new idea. I didn't think anything beyond that."
- "If I recall, you'll find some Waterlight Mushrooms in a marshy area northeast of the village. If you collect some of those mushrooms for him, he may have a little time to take a look at your machine."
In Progress[edit | edit source]
- "Adjusting the viscosity of the pressure oil requires a large amount of Waterlight Mushrooms. If you ignore this equation, then you can't increase the torque..."
Completing the Quest[edit | edit source]
- "Oh, I almost didn't see you there! I've been so busy... what is it that you need? I'm afraid I don't have a lot of time to chat, what with the finals coming up and all..."
- After briefly introducing yourself, you hand the Waterlight Mushrooms to Montero, informing him that Alain referred you to him.
- "Fantastic! With these Waterlight Mushrooms, I can now rotate the turbine to its maximum! This really saves me some time!"
- "Waterlight Mushrooms! Why ever would you waste your time with those things?" A Dwarf swaggers over to you, arrogance oozing out of every step.
- "Hello, Augustus. What brings you here?"
- "I'm here to tell you something important! I'm the champion of this year's competition. Your fancy new equation doesn't stand a chance to my secret research!"
- "Then I wish you luck. I'll be giving my all in this competition, just as I did last year," Montero mutters as he returns to his work, already distracted.
- "Hah! You might as well save your energy because you're wasting it on a competition you won't win." With an arrogant chuckle, Augustus swaggers off.
- You feel a bit perplexed by Augustus's appearance; who is that guy? Apparently, he is one of the Robot Competition's finalists.
- "His name is Augustus. Don't mind him, he's always like that. Though, I'll have to admit that he may have a shot at the championship this year."
- While Montero returns to his work, Beebis approaches, attempting to swallow whole an unguarded Waterlight Mushroom!
- You move to try to stop the mischievous bird; fortunately, %p% is faster, able to relocate the Waterlight Mushrooms away from the ostrich's reach.
- "Hmm? Did you say something?" Montero turns his head to look at you, distracted enough to mistakenly think you had spoken to him. He clearly has no idea what almost happened to his mushrooms.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.