Lv33. Augustus's Errands
|Defeat Butterfly Fairy to get Bright Colored Dust. 0/6Give Finals Ticket to Fenrich.|
Report to: Assistant Craftsman Pierre
Accepting the QuestEdit
- "<Envoy>, welcome. What was Montero's progress on your machine?"
- You tell Pierre that Montero could fix the shell of the machine, but not its power system. Pierre is right in his assumptions about Montero.
- "I will therefore assume that you now wish to work with Mr. Augustus. We have determined what the machine is used for, but we still need to learn what sort of power it uses."
- "Mr. Augustus has a hunch that your machine uses Halo Energy to function, but he is still theorizing this sort of power. The idea is derived from ancient legend. It has yet been used in practice."
- It sounds like Augustus knows a great deal about ancient machinery, but hasn't been able to test his theories yet. The other craftsmen of Brevis think that such theories will never amount to anything.
- "We have learned that Halo Energy may be tied to Halo Grass. Halo Grass causes a special reaction when combined with Bright Colored Dust from Butterfly Fairies. It's the only way to test our theory on Halo Energy."
- "<Envoy>, I must ask you to please retrieve some Bright Colored Dust. You can obtain it from the Butterfly Fairy."
- "As you are collecting the Dust, please also deliver this Finals Ticket to Fenrich. I think he'll be... Quite pleased."
- "Fenrich is Mr. Augustus's younger brother. He should be conducting research near Alba Shoal. He cares little about the Robot Competition, but his brother is in the finals, so he should make an appearance."
- "If Mr. Augustus is correct, all you need to do is spread the Bright Colored Dust on the machine so that it may better absorb Halo Energy."
- "Remember that this has not been tested, so actual results may differ from expectations."
Completing the QuestEdit
- "Commencing the first experiment with Bright Colored Dust!"
- Pierre sprinkles the Dust on the Broken Ancient Machinery. After a moment, the machine begins to emanate a faint glow.
- You and Pierre exchange looks of surprise upon seeing the glow. Augustus's theory seems spot-on so far. The Spirit Separator seems to be reacting with the Bright Colored Dust, which means it should use Halo Energy for power.
- "Excellent! Brilliant! Mr. Augustus is truly amazing!"
- "<Envoy>, your machine was, indeed, made by our ancestors. It uses Halo Energy for power. This is a major breakthrough on the research!"
- <Eidolon>, nearby, carefully studies the machine. "This machine, when fully functional, should be able to separate Eidolons from their hosts."
- You ask <Eidolon> what else it knows in relation to this.
- "All things possess the Power of Gaia. This machine, once fixed, will have the ability to manipulate Eidolons, returning them to where they originated from."
- You fall into a contemplative silence upon %p%'s words. This will mean that <Eidolon> will disappear after you use the machine. However, if you don't use the machine, you might turn into a frightening abomination.
- A bright beam of light is cast upon you, pulling your attention from your thoughts. Instinctively, you look towards the direction of the light.
- A young human girl who you've never seen before walks towards you like a wraith in a dream. Her gaze seems fixated on the machine in your hands, a hand outstretched as though to touch it...
- "<Envoy>, what is happening?"
- You blink and shake your head as though waking from a dream, apologizing for being distracted. The mysterious girl is nowhere to be found.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.