Lv40. Unexpected Results
|Talk to Caroline.|
Report to: Craftsman Augustus
Accepting the QuestEdit
- Augustus reinstalls the activation switch on the Spirit Separator, and it emits a strangely melodic screech.
- You and Augustus share a wide grin. After a good deal of trial and error, the Spirit Separator has finally been successfully activated.
- "I haven't forgotten our agreement. The Spirit Separator is yours now."
- "However, I should tell you that the energy is only strong enough for one use. You'll have to give it back to me after you use it so I can recharge it. Otherwise, you could encounter problems. However, I doubt you'll want to separate your spirit from your body very often."
- "If you don't mind, please separate the spirit of that obnoxious young girl while you're at it. Otherwise, she'll be back here soon enough, making trouble. I just can't handle her whining much longer."
- "Halo Energy is truly a double-edged sword. With great power comes great responsibility; I must honor the ancestors by protecting the energy. Perhaps if I tweak the formula here, I can prevent others from abusing the power."
- "Why are you still here? Is there a problem with the machine?"
Completing the QuestEdit
- "So you say you used the machine correctly, but the girl didn't react at all? You must've done it wrong. Here, give it to me, I'll use it on you."
- Augustus quickly charges up the Spirit Separator and works its magic on you...
- After being hit with a beam of radiance, you begin to float in midair, just as Caroline did. A strange feeling floods your senses.
- It feels as though an external force is trying to dissolve your energy. You experience some mild pain, but it also feels as though a strong power within your body is battling the external force.
- Soon, the effect dissipates completely. The energy inside you seems to win a victory over the external force.
- "Huh? What just happened?" Augustus exclaims as you fall to the ground with a thud.
- You ask Augustus what happened, brushing dirt from your clothes and catching your breath. You feel a nasty bump raising on your head.
- "It doesn't work at all! I think the Separator overheated! Did it malfunction?" Augustus shakes his head, puzzled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.