Lv54. Digging Up Trouble
Report to: Wounded Militiaman Jorali
Accepting the QuestEdit
- "When Oblitus Wood started to wither, one of our instruments detected a new energy signal in the east towards Ghostweep Ruins. Despite my pleas for him call off the expedition, the stress of our energy crisis took hold of him and he lead the youths in the village there to mine this new energy."
- If new energy really exists, is this not a good thing? As you ponder this, you ask Dolan to explain his reasoning for opposing the operation.
- "It's true that we've detected some energy signals from Ghostweep Ruins in the east, but our readings suggest it is quite unstable. It's hard to say at the moment if it's even dangerous, as it usually takes years of research and experimentation before we decide to mine a new source."
- "But Chief Tobin is acting out of desperation. Without any new energy, Oblitus Wood and Tafay Village can't survive for very long."
- "I appreciate that he wants to save our kind, but I am still against his decision. Always comparing himself to his father, he is blinded with the need to prove his worth as a new leader. Maybe, just maybe, if an outsider weighs in on the dangers, he will open his eyes."
- Seeing how hopeful Dolan is as he looks at you, you are compelled to ask him what you should do to help.
- "The village itself is safe for now; it's our villagers who need saving at the moment. Please, stop our Village Chief's operation at Ghostweep Ruins, and tell them to return before we feel the effects of that corrupt energy source."
- "One of the militiamen has already returned from Ghostweep Ruins. Question him; find out the truth about what's going on there. It will be helpful for all of us."
- Jorali whistles, tunelessly.
Completing the QuestEdit
- "What do you want to know?"
- You approach Jorali about the situation at Ghostweep Ruins, and let him know that you are on your way to try to persuade the villagers to return.
- "I've seen what you've done around here %n%, but even if you go on our behalf, I'm afraid Chief Tobin will still not listen to you."
- "You... you won't believe the horrors I've seen at Ghostweep Ruins. Walking corpses... I asked the Chief to stop this madness, this cursed operation... but not even the threat of these monsters will sway him."
- Walking corpses - this description reminds you of Zombies, you find yourself thinking about Brian from Port Skandia and the Ancient Zombies of Alabastren Temple. You glance over at %p%, hoping for an idea.
- <Eidolon> only shrugs. For the moment, your Eidolon has no idea what to think.
- "I saw those horrible monsters with my own eyes - they even attacked me! I tried to warn the Chief, but he is not listening to reason. As a result of doubting him, I was driven from the camp, so I returned to the village to treat my wounds."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.