Souls of Steel
|Defeat Talwagen. 0/1|
Report to: <Robot Inventor> Dr. Wright
Conversation[edit | edit source]
Accepting the Quest[edit | edit source]
- A hunk of scrap metal is plain to see on the cluttered bulletin board. Curious, you pull it down to take a closer look.
- After analyzing the piece of metal for a bit, you notice a barcode stamped to the back. Suddenly, it begins to emit a faint glow.
- "Oh, you managed to figure out how to read it!" Mirabelle peers over your shoulder. By this time, the glow from the hunk of metal fades.
- "No one seems to know where that piece of metal came from. It really just appeared on the board out of thin air. After taking a look at it, we could only discern that it came from an old, abandoned factory. It's quite strange." Mirabelle shrugs.
- You ask Mirabelle if the metal has ever glowed before. She looks at you, surprised.
- "Glowing, you say? That's never happened, as far as I know. We had Dwarf engineers run scores of tests, and they even tossed it into a hot furnace. That piece of metal stayed cool. It doesn't react to anything in any way, in fact."
- "Hmm, perhaps...." Mirabelle frowns, deep in thought, then lifts her head to look at you. "Strange things do seem to happen when you're around. This time is probably no different. Here is the location of the abandoned factory. When you have time, please go there and take a look around."
- You take the factory address from Mirabelle and examine the piece of metal again. It remains cold and dark, as if it had never glowed at all. Even so, you still intend to investigate the abandoned factory.
In Progress[edit | edit source]
- "Ah, the hero who has restored hope to us! We're so glad you managed to stop those mavericks! If those killing machines had left the area, they would have destroyed villages, cities, all to satisfy their revenge towards humans."
Completing the Quest[edit | edit source]
- "Thanks to you, we've made significant progress. This whole thing started with Rockman, but he is an old model. Even with upgrades, he would have still exercised inferior power output."
- "After being attacked by Talwagen, the mavericks tore Rockman apart. However, its core still managed to escape its tattered body. It seems to be able to move because it found you."
- "The energy inside you is inexhaustible; it allowed Rockman to reign control over its abilities. It was also how Talwagen and the Mavericks were defeated."
- "Despite all this, however, the crisis remains. More Mavericks are being created even as we speak. We must look for their base!"
- "Thank you again, young hero. Rockman will be properly restored. If it needs your help again, I do hope that you can offer assistance."
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.